Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breaking the Rules! Wearing White After Labor Day and Before Memorial Day

I’m sure you have probably heard about the fashion “rule” that states you should not wear white after Labor Day and before Memorial Day. While there are certain fashion rules that I think everyone should obey by, for example, wearing white on your wedding day. There are some rules which are outdated and nonsense. I think you can absolutely wear white after Labor Day and before Memorial Day! Yes, you better believe it; I was in full support of Michelle Obama wearing a floral button-down shirt and a cute, pink cardigan with white pants last Easter. (I’m excited to see what she wears this year.)


Photo Credit: Michelle Obama from Mrs-O.Org


Michelle and I are not the only ones who are in favor of breaking this rule. In InStyle magazine, actress Rachel Bilson was quoted as saying, “Forget the old rules. I love white all year round. It’s cooler to wear it when you aren’t supposed to.” And fashion icon Victoria Beckham is always spotted out and about in all white after Labor Day. These ladies make rule breaking look good!

Photo Credits: Rachel Bilson from InStyle.com and Victoria Beckham from Closet Cravings


Take today's style poll!


No comments:

Post a Comment