Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Fashion Trends of 2011

Today marks the first official day of spring. Goodbye winter fashion! Spring has to be my favorite season for fashion. Bright colors and prints enter the scene to inspire fun and creative trends. Of course, the first thing I did today was explored all my favorite fashion sites to see what amazing trends await me this spring.

Photo Credit: Glamour Magazine featuring Michael Kors, spring 2011
Photo Credit: Stylelist.com featuring J Brand Wonderama, spring 2011

60s and 70s Inspiration
The 60s and 70s are making a come back! I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, some of the styles from this era are amazing and deserve to have their comeback, but others, not so much. To my delight, spring will bring back the trend of the 60s trench coat. I adore the look of these coats! They are so simple, yet so playful and stylish. Unfortunately, what I call “mom jeans” will be coming to a store near you! This trend of high-waisted, 70s inspired jeans should be disregarded. I think it makes anyone, not just Jessica Simpson, look ridiculous. Forgot a camera adding 10 pounds, all you have to do is slip these jeans on!

Photo Credit: Become Gorgeous.com featuring Etro, spring 2011

Pretty as a Flower
It wouldn’t be spring without floral prints! It’s time to wake up and smell the flowers :) Floral prints during spring are practically mandatory. It’s a trend you see every single spring. And it’s a trend that I personally enjoy because it gives off such a romantic, fun vibe. I love wearing floral dresses out on a date night. If you’re not into dresses, you can always grab a cute, floral handbag, headband or just tuck a small flower in your hair.

Take today's style poll!



1 comment:

  1. spring is beautiful!!
    so many bright colours!
    love it :DD
    and of course flowers!!!everywhere :DD

    http://caramellitsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete